Looking for ways to make easy money this month? I gotchu: try Poshmark (an app for selling used clothes.) In August, I made $138.54.
Here’s how I did it:
1. Went through all my clothes, shoes, and jewelry to find what didn’t fit or what I hadn’t worn in the last six months.
2. Listed it all on Poshmark.
Okay, it wasn’t actually that simple. The mistake most people make on Poshmark is that they list stuff and expect it to sell without doing anything.
News flash: Poshmark is active income, not passive. You have to put some quality time in. Here are my top tips for newbs:
- Get a ton of followers. The best way to do this is by following a ton of people on the app.
- Share each item at least twice per day. You can do this within the app itself by sharing to your Poshmark followers, and you can also connect the app to Pinterest, Facebook, and other platforms. You have to share stuff regularly. These first two steps can easily be done while watching TV in the evening.
- Post on social media so that friends and family know you have stuff to sell. You can even use Facebook Yardsale groups or Facebook Marketplace to post the link to your Poshmark closet.
- Re-list items that don’t sell or that don’t have many likes after the first few weeks.
- If someone likes your item or adds it to a bundle, immediately send a private offer on the app to entice them to buy.
- Having a hard time finding stuff to sell? A friend shared the following quote with me: “Cut down your closet by half by asking yourself this one question: ‘If I were shopping right this second, would I buy this?'”
- Remember: you’re trying to make money, not spend it. Try not to turn around and spend your earnings on clothes you don’t need from Poshmark. (Ummm guilty.)
I do a whole training on Poshmark in my online course and interview an expert who makes $10,000 per year, but those few tips will get you 90% of the way there.
Also, if you want to use my referral code to sign up, you can, but you don’t have to. It’s RachelR92 and we’d both get $10 if you use it.
Got any Poshmarks tips that I missed? Drop ’em in the comments below!
Rachel Richards is a former financial advisor and bestselling author. ,,You can download her free budgeting and net worth worksheets here.